Saturday, May 23, 2009

My First Attempt!

This is my first attempt to share my travel experience in details. I have been backpacking to several destinations all over the country especially to places not well known to many.


My Holy Week (April 9-12, 2009)

Maundy Thursday and Good Friday are always declared non-working holidays. So, I had to plan something. And it seemed that my plan was do-able.


Let us go to Northern Samar!



There are several bus liners stationed at the Ali Mall Cubao Terminal and Epifanio De Los Santos Avenue (EDSA)-Cubao with daily routes bound to Samar, Leyte, and Mindanao. All of them will cross the San Bernardino Strait from Port of Matnog in Sorsogon (Luzon) to Port of Allen in Northern Samar (Visayas). They use the Maharlika Highway which connects the three main regions of the archipelago. Most of them get passengers also at their own respective terminals at EDSA-Pasay. To name a few, there is the CUL, Philtranco, PP, and Ultrabus (United Land Transport Bus). There are air conditioned and non-air conditioned/ordinary buses. Ticket price for the air conditioned bus accommodation ranges from PhP900- PhP1200. The fare includes a ticket for the ferry ride. For the ordinary fare, it goes more or less than PhP700. You can also buy your ticket from the EDSA-Pasay terminals if it is more accessible to you.




The Ali Mall Cubao Bus Terminal (located across one of the entrances of the Ali Mall; beside P. Tuazon St.)


I took the 10AM trip. I believe that all of the buses depart on time.

The bus coursed along EDSA, South Luzon Expressway (SLEX), Sto. Tomas, Batangas, Parts of Quezon Province, Camarines Sur, Albay, and Sorsogon where the Port of Matnog is located.


The Matnog-Allen Link



No comments:

Post a Comment